Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news updates, access to exclusive contents, and more!
Rodney Baltimore is a true community activist, for and ‘about’ the people. He has a genuine desire and calling to help those in need and he continues to have a major impact on this community with his extraordinary community outreach.
Rodney is the Executive Producer and Co-Host of the Tom Joyner Morning Show. He is an industry veteran having worked at, among other stations, WRBD, WOKB and our sister station, 99 JAMZ.
The level of his community service is unparalleled. His interviews play a key role in informing South Floridians about upcoming events, opportunities to serve and to help others.
Rodney is a tireless advocate for the underprivileged in our community. He is an active member in more than a dozen organizations.
Rodney has an encyclopedic knowledge of a wide variety of people, places, cultures, personalities and of course artists and music.
He is wholly involved in the South Florida Community has received numerous awards and tributes. While he’s honored to receive them, Rodney is one of the few altruistic people who ‘does what he does’, not for credit and attention, but ‘on the real’ to help those who need him.
Here are some of the awards he’s received and organizations with which he shares his time and talent:
* Guardian Ad Litem: Statewide Winner 2010 Award for Service
* Broward County Guardian Ad Litem Program: Community Advocate of the Year
* Broward Health Community Service Award
* City of Miami Commission on the Status of Women, Award
* Fort Lauderdale NAACP, Executive Committee
* NAACP Political Action Committee Chair
* Architect of “Defending our Changing Community” The Gentrification of South Florida’s Traditional Black Communities
* Fort Lauderdale Police Citizen’s Academy/Graduate
* U.S. Department of Justice, FBI Citizen’s Academy/Graduate
* Beacon Television/Broward County School System, Advisory Board
* BET Award Nominating Committee (Voting Member)
* Caribbean Journalist Association, Member
* Elks, Former consultant Lodge 652
* Boy Scouts/ “Scout Reach” Committee member
* ”Rize and Shine”, RCP grassroots HIV/AIDS organization, Board of Directors
* Haitian American Leadership Coalition Volunteer
* Sistrunk Historical Society, Gala Consultant
* Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Fatherhood Initiative Task Force
* Mount Hermon AME Church, Men of Value
* MOTEP Minority Organ and Tissue Donation Program, former Board Member
* Life Alliance Organ and Tissue Donation, Board Member
* Advocate/Supporter Food for the Poor
* Continues to volunteer and travel to help Haitian earthquake victim.
Rodney regularly emcees events in South Florida. He may be available for your next event. You can reach him at:
You may be offline. Please check your connection and try again using the Retry button.