9:00 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013
Outdoors | Recreation
Calling all kids (12 & up) and families to join us for a fun volunteer project at the Give Kids The World Village Garden of Hope.We're excited to roll up our sleeves to help give this garden the same TLC the Village does to their very special families. This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages1 2 and up!Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, Team Members, and kids to partner together in service to our community. The best part is being all together!Also, we'll have a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups, plus all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!Cheers, Vicky Santamaria, Marketing Team Leader & Shannon Sherman, Healthy Eating Specialist Learn more about our partners at Give Kids The World Village here! VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION: (Ages 12 - 65+)* Weeding
* Sweeping plant boxes
* Turning sod * Pruning
* Building new beds
*Planting SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
* Extra buckets
* WheelbarrowWHAT TO WEAR:* Jeans
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots/closed toed shoes
* Layers if it's a cloudy daySNACKS & HYDRATION:* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed VOLUNTEER SLIPS:* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request. FAQs What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?Please park at the main Give Kids The World Village parking lot. We will be meeting at the House of Hearts. A member of our team will be in the parking with instructions. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?Please email Orlando.Donations@wholefoods.com. Please use subject line: Kid's Day of Service Can I update my registration information?Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!
0.00 Volunteer Sign Up 0.00