Calumet Ft. Lauderdale
1001 N. Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
3:00 p.m. Saturday, March 23, 2013
Galleries | Art,
Video is bigger than ever and many of us want to master the fundamental skills needed to capture great family events, document a scene or explore how we can create that next video blockbuster for YouTube.
In this Calumet University class, you will learn how video works in your DSLR, camcorder, point-and-shoot camera or your phone. You will develop a working knowledge of video formats, frames per second choices and sound capture. Your instructor will demonstrate basic video moves; explain the fundamentals of story narrative and how to choose equipment accessories to give your next show a great look and sound.
The course will also demonstrate how to do basic editing with Adobe Photoshop CS 6. You will learn how to output your images with the correct format for YouTube and other playback/storage situations.
You will gain the foundations necessary to create short video narratives and an understanding of how video moves and accessories can influence your video story. The “hands-on exercises” will help you explore how to control a video camera for strong narrative effect.
Students receive a workbook, and explore video workflow situations with a DSLR or camcorder.
1. Video capture devices and camera
2. Video formats
3. Video accessories for sound and motion control
4. Setting up the video shot
5. Video playback and evaluation
6. Video playback in Photoshop
7. Basic video editing in Photoshop and/or Premiere Elements.
• Bring your video-capable camera
• Know the basic controls of your video camera
• Paper, pencil for notes
• Open mind for exciting, creative, visual ideas